Testimonials from Our Customers
- Just to say many thanks for a lovely evening at The Fleece.
After a little searching in the dark (we really were only yards from you), we parked in the square by the Church, found the entrance and not only did two local gents say good evening as we got to the door, but on entry were greeted by a really friendly lady (who, sorry to say I didn't catch her name). Then two, I presume, regulars said hello then gave me advice on a good substitute for Guinness for Carol! This really was like stepping back so many years to what then was the Best of British, so then being shown to our table by the fire by ?? which was so thoughtful of you.
The young gentleman who took our order genuinely did look after us very well. Just got to say that the pub speaks for itself and our meal was so nicely cooked and presented that it made our evening, but truly, it`s the people (both staff and locals) who make The Fleece what it is - a real hidden gem (I've already thanked our friends for recommending you).
Sorry if I've gone on a little, but I had to speak as I find, so THANK YOU to all of you - I`ll make a point of returning (in daylight to really see The Fleece in it`s complete location).
Mike and Carol
October 10, 2012
- Just a note to thank you for your spectacular efforts on our wedding day that took place on 18 August this year. Everything was absolutely perfect! The food was excellent, the barn looked gorgeous, and the festivities went by so smoothly that clearly tons of work was done 'behind-the-scenes'. Both our guests and ourselves felt at home for the whole day (which probably goes a way to explaining the singing at the end of the night... Sorry about that!) As the first couple to get married among our groups of friends, we've been criticised for setting the bar too high for the weddings to come... Which is brilliant :)
We'll send you some photographs in a subsequent e-mail; we tried to share them with you on Facebook but failed spectacularly. If you like them, please feel free to use them on your Facebook page / site. We didn't have any 'professional' photos taken, but some of the images are quite sweet nonetheless :)
We look forward to visiting again sometime soon!
Rosie & Alan
October 9, 2012
- We just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help before and during our wedding reception on 11th August. We had an amazing day and all our guests have commented on what a lovely venue The Fleece is.
The food was delicious! Thank you so much for providing a special meal for one of our guests, due to her food intolerances, it meant she was also able to enjoy her food without any worries.
We also wanted to say thank you for letting us put up the tent for our photo booth - we got some brilliant photos from there.
Clare and Martin Evans
September 28, 2012
- My sister got married here on Sunday 26th August. The staff were amazing. So helpful and extremely friendly. The food that was served (pork cobbs with stuffing and apple sauce and a variety of salads) was fresh, cooked well and really tasty.
The room which were allowed to use to get ready in was small but decorated to a lovely standard and very clean.
The general ambiance at this pub is great and it seemed like it was very popular with locals and visitors alike.
All the family will be travelling up next August to celebrate their 1st anniversary and sample their famous 'sausage & mash'!!
August 30, 2012
- The other week (1st August 2012) we had our wedding reception at the Fleece's barn & i would just like to say what a wonderful day it was & how well run too.I must also mention the great organisation,the fantastic drinks (especially the Real ale & Mead) & the awesome Vegetarian food (loved the pies!). A BIG thank you to Sadie, Nigel & all the team.
Nick and Charlotte Ludlow
August 22, 2012