Testimonials from Our Customers
- We just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help before and during our wedding reception on 11th August. We had an amazing day and all our guests have commented on what a lovely venue The Fleece is.
The food was delicious! Thank you so much for providing a special meal for one of our guests, due to her food intolerances, it meant she was also able to enjoy her food without any worries.
We also wanted to say thank you for letting us put up the tent for our photo booth - we got some brilliant photos from there.
Clare and Martin Evans
September 28, 2012
- My sister got married here on Sunday 26th August. The staff were amazing. So helpful and extremely friendly. The food that was served (pork cobbs with stuffing and apple sauce and a variety of salads) was fresh, cooked well and really tasty.
The room which were allowed to use to get ready in was small but decorated to a lovely standard and very clean.
The general ambiance at this pub is great and it seemed like it was very popular with locals and visitors alike.
All the family will be travelling up next August to celebrate their 1st anniversary and sample their famous 'sausage & mash'!!
August 30, 2012
- The other week (1st August 2012) we had our wedding reception at the Fleece's barn & i would just like to say what a wonderful day it was & how well run too.I must also mention the great organisation,the fantastic drinks (especially the Real ale & Mead) & the awesome Vegetarian food (loved the pies!). A BIG thank you to Sadie, Nigel & all the team.
Nick and Charlotte Ludlow
August 22, 2012
- Amazing ! We had just the best wedding day at The Fleece due mostly to Sadie's robust planning and organisation, endless patience with a neurotic bride, and first class catering.
Our friends were more than suitably impressed by the uniqueness of the venue and the barn really did look glorious, cosy but cool on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
I want to do it all over again, including the big fat breakfast the next day - I feel like we have made friends for life and literally nothing was too much trouble. I'm glad we got the THe Fleece before the masses realise what a gem it truly is.
Thank you so much for having us!
Lynsey & Tony
August 21, 2012
- Thanks so much for helping to make our wedding day extra special. Our friends are still talking about what a great day it was. You made things so easy for us on the day which went far too quickly and thanks to Nigel for help with the de bunting!
We hope to see you all soon and show you the photos :)
Adam and Melissa
PS I hope we didn't upset too many people with rogue wellie wanging!
Adam & Melissa Lowndes
August 2, 2012