Testimonials from Our Customers
- Myself and Dave just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for everything you did for our amazing wedding day on 7th August this year. We both had the best day and all of our guests commented on how wonderful everything was, particularly the venue. All of the staff were absolutely fantastic and the venue looked perfect. So thank you very much!!
- “A wonderful 60th birthday party. We chose the Tudor Barn at the back of the Fleece Inn as the venue for my mother's surprise 60th birthday party. It's a beautiful old timber framed building, already well decorated with hops and fairy lights, and we were able to bring our own flowers, balloons etc as well. The staff, especially Jacquie, were very helpful in accommodating our various requests beforehand and helping us find the best table arrangements, food choice for the buffet, wine selection etc. They were always very prompt in replying and sorted out all our queries on the day - helping us work out when it would be best to serve the bubbly for the toast, where it would be best to arrange the buffet tables etc. The food was delicious, the atmosphere really fun and there was even a piano in the room which we were able to use to sing 'Happy Birthday'! Many, many thanks to a very special team for all their hard work and for making the occasion, in a wonderful historic venue, so memorable."
- We visited for lunch last Sunday 5th. We've been quite a few times before. Unfortunately just a bit late this year for asparagus but we had a fantastic meal. The Eton Mess was the best I've ever tasted, the mushroom starters were perfection and the ciders were lovely. We then sat outside in the sun admiring the hollyhocks and flowers in full bloom. We had a sneak look in the barn where there had been a wedding the day before. Looked lovely. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend our afternoon. One day we'll actually stay over and give the ales and ciders the attention they deserve!
- The Fleece Inn is a rare gem, owned by The National Trust, it has one double room for B&B, the full breakfast is a super treat. The bar is very well stocked with real ale, country fruit wines, mead and the usual stock of keg beers and wine bottles. . . If you are really lucky a couple of local lads will sit and strum guitars and sing cover versions of well known tunes. All making for a great stay, well recommended.
- The Fleece is quaint, unusual, serves a great variety of beer & food. Great garden too with plenty of space.